Re: Classic plates (Texas Insection) little Triumph content

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic plates (Texas Insection) little Triumph content
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 21:45:11 -0700
Fred Thomas wrote:

> Jim, I thought 25 years old and anitque plates exempt you from inspections
> in most states....

I think perhaps when Jim says "classic plates" it is what some states call "year
of manufacture plates"  i.e. you can use a plate from the car's year in lieu of
the usual current issue plate.

As for the 25-year exemption... some do and some don't.  Arizona is apparently
like Texas (in this regard anyway) as here all cars with emission equipment (67
on?) are subject to recurring inspections (in Pima & Maricopa counties).

Jim -- my experience with these plates in AZ is that it comes up so seldom that
the staff at the local branch or inspection station just don't know how to
handle it.  In my case we had to track down an expert in the state capital for
help.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ