Classic plates (Texas Insection) little Triumph content

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Classic plates (Texas Insection) little Triumph content
From: Ah3thou@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 20:32:28 EDT
I attempted to have my 67 El Camino (with classic plates  registered in Texas
) inspected today. All went well until it was time to scan the registration
bar code on the windshield into the computer.
  There is no bar code on the Classic plate windshield stickers, instead
there are 2 sets of numbers which we tried several combinations entering into
the computer manually. ..........nothing worked.
    Now, I was told by the DMV at the time the plates (1967 Texas plates)
were issued to me that I still need to have the vehicle inspected every year,
not so with antique plates.
     Has anyone else that has there vehicle registered as a classic run into
this problem? I called the DMV, but nobody knew anything being that today is
not a regular workday, I was told to call back Monday.
    I have 1963 Texas plates for my TR4 but haven't had them registered to my
car yet.
      Thanks
          Jim