Interior questions

To: kevina@emji.net
Subject: Interior questions
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:25:22 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Kevin -
     During the TRF Winter Parts sale, I purchased one of their nylon
carpet sets
for my TR6.  Now that they've been installed, I can report that they are
very
nice, look great and fit well.  I got the dark brown with the tan piping
(to go with
my tan interior - the original carpets were dark brown with chestnut piping
- a
mismatch done at the end of the run for TR6s).
     I also got one of the TRF pre-cut underfelt sets, and I would steer
away from
this.   Every piece had to be trimmed (if it's pre-cut, it's pre-cut for a
Buick) and
the felt is actually too thick - it tends to pull the snaps right through
the carpet and
leaves the carpet puckered in spots. I'd just use a roll of thinner
material and cut
it to fit.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U(O) - TR6IUMPH / Highland,NY /
DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM