Re: TR4 starter problem -- or not?

Subject: Re: TR4 starter problem -- or not?
From: Sebastian King <sebking@freeuk.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:30:06 +0100
I guess it's possible that the connection from the live lead has
become damaged inside the starter, giving good on some turns then bad
on others. Over tightening the lead causes this - don't ask...

I have just found this out among other things on mine and had to
replace the unit - it wasn't cheap!

Car now starts brilliantly!! - The new starter is a Heritage part and
very nice too. The difference in cranking speed is amazing.

Seb

1966 TR4A IRS
CTC/67232-O

www.sebking.freeuk.com