Re: Oh, yeah...

To: V8TR4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oh, yeah...
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:43:18 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

V8TR4@aol.com wrote:

> You have to factor in if the head is aluminum or steel, and what cylinder is
> firing when the head bolts lets go, you will get more height with 2 or 3
> firing as compared to 1 or 4. The outside cylinders will cause a more
> dramatic twirling effect ;)
>
> > <
> >
> > I've always wondered just how high a head would go if all the bolts let
> > loose at once.

I think it depends upon how much help the head gets from the pistons and
rods.... Now, I did hear a trucker say that the engine (425 hp
Caterpillar) in his truck went while he was going downhill at 130 mph
and a piston and rod left the engine, went through the hood and kept on
going. Said he looked for it, but it went too far to find. (!)

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM