Re: Fuel Pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: "Richard White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 20:36:44 CDT

>From: Roger Ryan <rgryan2@excite.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Fuel Pump
>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
>
>  Listers
>
>  Tried to start the TR4 the other day after 2 years sitting.
>  There was no output at the fuel pump. Do they dry out? Can it be primed?
>Is
>a rebuild kit needed?
>   It is the style w/manual lever on pump.  TIA
>
>       Rog Ryan
>       Grand Haven, MI
>       CT 340 L

Rog,

When I first tried to start my TR3B, after years of "rest", my fuel
pump did not want to pump. I pulled some gas through it, I used an
electric fuel pump, and let it sit over night.  It worked fine after
that.  It would be worth a try before repairing your old one.

Rich White  St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!