Re: Fuel Pump

To: rgryan2@excite.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:19:48 PDT
>From: Roger Ryan <rgryan2@excite.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Fuel Pump
>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
>
>  Listers
>
>  Tried to start the TR4 tthe other day after 2 years sitting.
>  There was no output at the fuel pump. Do they dry out? Can it be primed?
>Is
>a rebuild kit needed?
>   It is the style w/manual lever on pump.  TIA
>
>       Rog Ryan
>       Grand Haven, MI
>       CT 340 L

       Rog,

         Check your fuel line to see if you have fuel at the pump. If
       you do, then you may want to have a peek at the fuel pump
       diaphragm. When I bought my `4 it hadn't run in a couple of
       years. After checking I found a small tear in the pump
       diapraghm. Once it was replaced, the car fired right up... even
       with 2 year old gas in the tank.

       `hope it helps

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)