Re: TR6 fuel tank & top

To: paul-m@mweb.co.za, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel tank & top
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:03:52 EDT
In a message dated 06/04/2000 11:25:09 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
paul-m@mweb.co.za writes:

> roughly conical and about 5 or 6 inches long. It's not
>  connected to anything.
>
>  Does anyone have any idea what it is or how it might have got there?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Paul
>  74 TR6 PI

It's an anti-gas theft device.  They used to be sold to screw into the filler
neck to prevent someone from sticking an Oklahoma credit card...er siphon
hose, into the tank and stealing your fuel.  Appears someone screwed theirs
in just a wee too far.  I have no idea how you could get it out.  Coathanger
to catchit?

Don't rop the coat hanger...

R. H.