Re: TR3A with V8 Engine

To: Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com
Subject: Re: TR3A with V8 Engine
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:23:04 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com wrote:

> fat ones, and added a 5-point roll bar. The car was BRG, looked really
> nice, ran like a scalded dog, and handled like a go-kart.  He ticked-off
> many a Corvette and Trans-Am driver, once with me in the passenger seat.
> What a ride!!!

The car mentioned elsewhere as being at the `99 VTR is, indeed BRG, with
yellow trim on the nose, and is shown on Bob Danielson's page:

http://pages.cthome.net/BobD/modified%20Cars.htm

The car, though, is described as having a Rover V8 installed, and the
picture clearly shows SU carburetors atop the engine. Too, the car in
the photo on Bob's page is not equipped with a roll bar. Probably a
different car, but the same general theme at work.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM