Re: New TR6 engine's oil pump won't prime

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New TR6 engine's oil pump won't prime
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:17:54 -0500
Jim Davis wrote:

> Ron,
>         I had the same problem when I first rebuilt the engine in CF38690. I
> ended up having to pull the pan (drain oil first), remove the pump and
> fill it with assembly lube. Reassembled everything and had oil pressure
> right away.
> Good luck,
> Jim Davis
> CF38690UO
> CF37325U
>
> "Ronald A. Dowty" wrote:
> >
> > I am having alot of trouble getting my oil pump to prime. I tried pumping
> > oil into the pressure switch hole buy I didn't have any luck.
> >
> > HELP!!!

Skip the oil pressure switch and try for the pressure relief plug below it -
long
hex-shape plug.  Remove it, withdrawl the spring and plunger then funnel a good
amount
of oil in that way - quickly replace the plug and crank it up.  Works 95% of
the time
and is a little easier than dropping the pan again.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars