triumphs and wives

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: triumphs and wives
From: Bill McGarry <bill_mcgarry@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 21:55:23 -0800
Hi all,
 Bill you've brought up a great subject and wow "us men" (sorry Paula
have'nt left you out) can actually talk about it!

 For my first date with my future wife I took her flying, she loved it.
Six months later she prooved herself to be a keeper by hiring a plane to
tow a banner over our home town saying "Marry me Bill Love Sof". The day
we married both my Mom and hers approached her seperately to inquire if I
was selling THE MOTORCYCLE now that I was married. Her responce.."Oh NO,
we Love the motorcycle!" Keeper! Any way 13 years and two kids later I'm
cut off on the highway and total my pride and joy(at the time) Turbo
Supra. In a fit of "moarning" I regress to my youthful infatuation with
British sports cars and bought a '79 Spitfire. Her initial reaction was
reflected through my young son... "daddy why did you buy a piece of junk
car?". Wonder where he heard that? I replaced the single stromberg with
dual SU's and in short order could'nt get the Spit away from here, it's
her daily driver. Thank god she  lives with her "personal mechanic" as
she says. When I mentioned the British car run from Vancouver to
Whistler, she said "we Have to go on that!". She kept after to make sure
we were booked... way early! What a great getaway , just the two of us ,
a suite with jacuzzi... romance works! Shortly afterward I broached the
subject of "Needing my own sports car" , she enthusiastically endorsed my
 acquisition. Two more Spits now live here. One required surgery to
replace crash damage so I was spending a fair bit of time in the
garage... her comments of I'm Missing you... prompted me to be aware of
carefully balancing my time. All is harmonious as a result... getting her
out of the house for a "date" or skiing etc. sure helps , as well candles
and some massage oil go aloooong way!

Getting her her "own" sports car has resulted in many gratifieing beeps,
waves, looks(she was already pretty but a van just does'nt do it) and
conversations... but there are limits. It's just myself and my son who
share the passion for car and air shows. We have an understanding, I
don't do craft shows or shopping.

Bottom line take the time to make her feel special and that you love her.
Brit cars can bring families together!

Cheers from another Benignly Adicted LBC lover!

Bill McGarry