Stuck Dizzy Rotor Button Solution

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuck Dizzy Rotor Button Solution
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:24:04 -0800
I was replacing the points, cond.. etc and discovered the rotor was stuck...big
time. I tried yanking like hell but without luck. The best suggestion I got
from list was to cover the dizzy with a rag and hit the rotor with a hammer to
crack it. I tried this and little chips would fly off but no major cracking. So
I got a pair of vise grips and squeezed the thing from one end to the other
working back and forth until it finally cracked. Once released, I discovered
the inside of the cam(that the rotor slides over) was rusted big time. I had to
sand it down where the rotor makes an electrical contact.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Nothing bonds like rust......maybe all thats holding my car together.

Steve Nabors
'74 TR6
B'ham AL