RE: Primary Car

To: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Primary Car
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:59:16 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hey everybody lighten up and take this the way most likely Ken meant it.
Triumphs have never been known for their "reliability"  Every LBC I've ever
owned I've worked on it just as much as I have driven it.  But I *like* to
work on them!!  We are all a little "nuts" to love these *at least* 20 year
old cars the way we do!  Who in there "right mind* would save some of these
rusted out hulks, restore them, and spend more to restore 20-40 yr car than
buy a new one (with A/C!)  We are all crazy.  Think about how much you work
on, bust knuckles on, and love every minute of it.  Any "sane" man would
question our hobby.  I personally drive a car built 40 yrs ago, before I was
born (I'm only 35) whenever I get the opportunity.  I certainly work on it
more than I do the old "LBC support vehicle" in the driveway.  I remember
back in High School my friends saying I must be a masochist to own a
spitfire that I had to drive for two weeks and spend the next week(end)
working on it. (Balancing carbs, etc.)  I certainly didn't take offense with
his comment.  I laughed.  Just as Ken intended for me too.  Why would he be
on this list if he thought we were all stupid.  Lighten up.  Geesh.

Bill