Re: Frame-off restoration. Thanks plus a question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frame-off restoration. Thanks plus a question
From: Stéphane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:56:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Happy New Year (Millenium!) Listers,

Hope Santa was good with you!

A few weeks back I asked info on where to start a frame-off restoration.  I
would like to thank everyone who answered.  It is much appreciated.

I received different opinions.  Some where suggesting not to take the tub
off if possible (keyword here), Or even drive the car around for a while.
Can't drive, the engine is seized and I have to take the tub off since 1)
the frame looks like sun baked clay!  2) At least one of the members need
welding.

One of you even suggested to put a fridge in the garage with beer in it.
Actually, I removed the fridge from the garage prior to put the TR6 in
t.( Needed the space, oly have a one car garage!).  Maybe down the road, the
fridge will be back there!
 :-)

Anyway, I really started to work on the car last Monday and so far, all
lights (except front headlights) are off, interior all off but dash, boot
lid, bonnet, doors.

The engine will come out soon.  What I would like to know is: Is it better,
easier, a good idea, to take the engine out with or without the
transmission?  In the Haynes manual, they show both ways but I can't decide
on which to choose.  Any Pros or Cons for each method.  BTW, both the engine
and the trans need overhaul (car been sitting for 13 years)

TIA

Steph
71 TR6 CC59683L (In more and more boxes!)

P.S.  Santa was quite nice to me. 80% of what he brought me was car/garage
related!  Woehoooo!!!