Re: 5 prefix in Canada

To: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: 5 prefix in Canada
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 20:34:44 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dave,
Now we are delving into something that smacks of the STC plates that I
have seen so many of on 60's Triumphs.  Maybe in Canada the dealers used
that ploy to designate a car that was sold as a later model that Triumph
declared it was.  Here in the States, there are many plates that are
added with the stamping "STC-65" or whatever year happens to fit.  This
I have heard means something to the effect of, "Sold To Customer as a
'65 model".

What do you think?

Joe

--