Re: Is Internet Working?

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca, mporter@zianet.com, SHOMWAY@aol.com, randallyoung@earthlink.net, hsgentry@cfw.com, smith007@mindspring.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is Internet Working?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:57:46 EST
Thanks guys -
after good dose of frustration ...my seemingly Y2K problems ... were really
just an 'overstuffed' 4 Gig hard drive and several outdated 'extensions' and
'utilities' (now all are patched, upgraded and working on my Mac G3 with OS 9
just fine). First I dumped about a gigabyte of stuff and updated the
utilities and then 'defragmented' my hard drive and also 'optimized' it - now
I have about 1.25 Gigs of room to breathe. Next I need to run the 'Spring
Cleaning' program to get rid of leftover tid-bits and junk from the past
couple years of not 'cleaning house' properly and I'll be ready for a great
'00 !
Thanks again for your instant feedback - it helped me focus on the real
problem.
Cheers
Carl
'64TR4 since '74