Re: Is Internet Working?

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: Is Internet Working?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:51:36 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 CarlSereda@aol.com wrote:

> Is anyone else having trouble getting to certain internet sites like eBay
> and, say for instance, Dans' new TR List Members Car Photo Site at
> http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/pages/index.html  ???
> I can't seem to get much on the 'net today Sat 1/1/00 except my stock info
> and my emails. Any of you noticing internet access problems - or is it only
> my computer?

Yep, most of the Internet is there (remember, it is designed to persist
despite whatever nasty things happen to it)... a lot of machines were
shut down "just in case" over the Y2K rollover, myself I left them all on
just to see what would happen :-)

(Not entirely true... someone did shut down the Company web server, but
it's not at my house...)

However, a good rule when dealing with Ye Internet is just to give it a
few days.  It takes at most a day or two for one person to receive notice
of (and remedy) a remote server failure...

<plug> Remember, we are really lucky to have Mark down there in Utah,
keeping the majordomo wound up tight and shoveling the crud out of
/var/log and dealing with the dreaded BOUNCE... etc, etc, etc </plug>

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm