Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:48:49 -0700
That's exactly what I did when I doing the frame off restortation on my TR6.
After getting the frame sandblasted and performing necessary weld repairs, I
gave it a couple of wet coats of Hammerite SMOOTH Black as contrasted to the
"hammered" finish.  I got a quart can at Home Depot.  I thinned it down a little
and sprayed it on using a siphon cup gun attached to my air compressor.  I am
very pleased with the results.  Ended up doing the same to the entire
suspension!

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI CP51649

Another alternative to consider, is trying to find "Hammerite" brand of
paint- originates from the UK; Is reported to do a fine job
I actually thought that I saw it in the Atlanta area recently; possibly
at Home Depot? I've been spending way too much time and money there!
cheers,