Bio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bio
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:27:04 -0400
My name is Scott Suhring. I am 40 years old and live with
my lovely wife, Cindy, of 11 years, in Elizabethtwon, PA.  We
have a dog, Esau, who is your typical mutt saved from the gas
chamber 10 years ago. I was born in a SW suburb of Chicago
but have lived in the Central PA Area for the past 30 years.
I graduated from Susquehanna University with a degree in
psychology and am the Deputy Mental Health Administrator,
responsible for the oversight of the public mental health
system in Dauphin County (Harrisburg) and have been in the
mental health field for the past 20 years (I will provide
counseling/consultation for TR6 parts).

My interests include photography, restoring antique furniture
(did this as a side job for 7 years), collecting antiques,
golf, computers, and the Grateful Dead (yes, I spent a good
bit of my time during the 70s and 80s following the Dead
as a Dead Head: fes up, how many Dead Heads are there of you?).

My passion is Triumph and British Sports Cars. It infected
me while living outside Chicago at an early age when the
neighbor twins bought a MG TD. My second cousin had 2 (one to
drive while the other was being fixed) Jaguar E-types. My
aunt and uncle drove a Sunbeam Alpine for years while living
in Vermont (year round daily driver) as part of Vista (still
live there after 30+ years and David is a fantastic mechanic,
living in Starksboro). Many MGBs in High School but really
loved a friend's TR6.

My '70 TR6 is my first Triumph/British car but will certainly
not be my last.  For lack of garage space is my only
obstacle from getting the second project, but Cindy and I
have already agreed that the next house must have at least
2 garages as long as she gets a walk-in closet (you can
guess her passion).  She has requested that the next British
car be for her, preferably a Bugeye Sprit or a MGA. She attends
most events/shows and loves going with me for drives.