Re: GT6 / 240Z carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 / 240Z carbs
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 06:29:41 -0700
Michael Porter wrote:

>The other proviso here is to completely avoid the carburetors from the
>260Z. They are, for practical purposes, untuneable.

You are referring to the dreaded "flat-top" Hitachi side drafts that
actually appeared on late '73 240Z models also (like the one I owned for a
couple of years).

Of course, you are right... not very tuneable.  Sure, you can BALANCE them,
but mixture adjustment is made NOT by adjusting the amount of FUEL but
rather by adjusting the amount of AIR.  Therefore, whatever mixture
adjustment this allows is very, very subtle, perhaps even microscopic!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6