Re: Speeding tickets

To: Windoseat@aol.com
Subject: Re: Speeding tickets
From: Terry Morphy <1eagle@home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:57:27 -0700
Cc: robb_tones@bc.sympatico.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Greg
Unless you know for a fact that the Sheriff wasn't going on a call or the reason
he was doing 70 in the 55, I wouldn't be to quick to jump to judgement.  Your
house or family could be the one he is heading to on a call and if you are the
one waiting for a Police Officer to arrive for whatever reason, you expect  him
to be there immediately even it's not classed as an emergency.  If you feel that
strongly, contact his office and check with his superiors but you shouldn't make
derogatory comments about someone unless you know all the facts.  Every
jurisdiction in the world has legislation that allows Police Officers to exceed
speed limits etc. without displaying emergency equipment if there is a
justifiable reason for doing so. (Going for coffee isn't one).
Terry