Re: Special Spitfire steering wheel?

To: Ian Frearson <frearji@montevallo.edu>
Subject: Re: Special Spitfire steering wheel?
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:36:41 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From what I can remember, US-spec Spitfires came with Motolita
leather-covered steering wheels from about 1978-1979 or so.  They look
exactly as you describe, complete with the Leyland swirl.  You can buy
Motolita wheels brand-new, but you may have a hard time finding the
center Leyland logo.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were ceremoniously
burned by the US dealers once BL pulled out of our market...

As always,
Brian

1981 TR7 DHC #407148

--
|               Brian Furgalus                |