Re: Intermiitent Power Loss

To: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Subject: Re: Intermiitent Power Loss
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:33:17 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Neil Castle <neil@eu.c2.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, neil_castle@hotmail.com
On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Susan and John Roper wrote:

> Neil, I have no experience with the engine, but would look for restriction in
> the fuel system, in the tank at the pickup or in the rubber lines connecting
> to the pump.  You might diagnose by plumbing a fuel pressure gauge into the
> line at the carbs and running it into the cockpit where you can check it when
> the problem occurs.  Be careful, as you don't want a broken connection to
> spray fuel in the car.  John

Common practice in other areas is to have the fuel gauge 100% outside the
cockpit (stuck to the firewall, or on the hood- visible through the
windshield).

I wonder if it's not an electrical problem.  Have the distributor advance
weights been checked out?  Could they be stuck?  Checked the coil?

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm