RE: TR6 alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 alternator
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:21:37 +0100

I wouldn't disargree with you, but then I had removed the battery mounts one
day for whatever reasons and erm, had a test run without them (or rather
forgot to refit them) Anyhow, when I attempted a roundabout the thing
shortened out on the lock and moved away from it again when I went out of
the roundabout. Didn';t give any other indication than a drop in voltage and
a strange smell, like burnt isolation...Probably because I choose to drive
with the bonnet shut rather than enyoing the fireworks. (Not to be repeated
for as you said can have rather unplesant results)

Gernot