Re: TR3B Dash Warning Lights

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR3B Dash Warning Lights
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:07:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, David Moag wrote:

> My car had three warning lights on the dash; a green one centered along the
> top line between the speedo and tach...

That's almost assuredly an add-on lamp. I've yet to see anything like
that on the hundreds of TRs I've seen over the years. But who knows? :-)

> a red one and an amber one on the
> center instrument panel. I know the red one is my ignition warning lamp. I
> had assumed the green one in the center to be the turn signal warning
> lamp....

As you've surmised, the amber one in the center panel is for the turn
signal indicator. Of course, that should be green, as was generally the
case with the later 3As and 3Bs, amber having been used earlier up until
somewhere around the "post-TS60000" changes!

--Andy