RE: TR3A True or False

Subject: RE: TR3A True or False
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:41:56 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
An alternative method is to create a puller.  I used a short (about 4")
length of unthreaded galvanized water pipe (either 2.5" or 3" dia, don't
recall now), which I got for free at the local home center (Home Depot).
 In one side, about 1" from one end, I drilled and tapped a hole for a 5/16
UNF bolt.  (Next time, I'll probably go larger on the bolt, as I eventually
stripped the threads.)  On the other side, I used a hole saw in the drill
press to drill a series of .75" overlapping holes, to create a slot to go
around the silentbloc pin.  The slot wound up about 1.5" deep in the
center.

To use it, you just slip it over the end of the arm (either idler or
pitman), with the slot around the silentbloc pin, then tighten the screw
until the pin pops out.

Don't know if this would work on really stuck pins, but it worked for me.

Randall

On Friday, June 11, 1999 4:37 AM, Jack Brooks [SMTP:brooks@belcotech.com]