RE: disposing of brake fluid?

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: disposing of brake fluid?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:13:57 -0700
It's a glycol, but not Ethylene glycol.  I've found references claiming
it's Propylene glycol (which I doubt), Polyalkylene Glycol Ether, and
Hexylene Glycol aka 2-methyl-2,4-pentanediol .

All of the glycols are normally produced from crude petroleum, and so
qualify as 'petroleum products', but most of them aren't very toxic. They
also bio-degrade fairly easily.  Propylene glycol is actually used in many
hand lotions, etc. and in anti-freeze for drinking water systems (like my
motor home).

Randall