Oil Weight For The Spit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Weight For The Spit
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:07:11 EDT
Hi List,

What weight oil should I use for the Spitfire (MkIII - 1296cc)?  The Haynes
Shop Manual I have  recommends "multigrade" but no mention of weight.  I
don't have an oil usage problem so I'm wondering if 10W-30 may be OK.  I have
a bunch of 10W-40 from the tractor I could also use.

I'm not planning to drive in winter so I'm really looking for best choice
lubrication for summer heat and reasonably cool start-ups in the morning.

This car is a real kick to drive.....not as gutsy as the 6 but hey, it's
still really fun, looks great and sounds great!

Thanks much -

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit MkIII  FDU78512L (Real Nice Driver)