POR-15 products

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: POR-15 products
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:47:05 -0400
Greetings listers one and all,

My wife is serious that we are not going to be seen in Portland with the '3
sporting that nasty red-orange paint job. Boy, I hope she is right!

BTW, the first paragraph translates to "I really hope the Stag can make the
trip!"

So, I'm getting closer to taking my TR3B driver off the road for a bit of
major sprucing up. Yesterday I was cleaning up the replacement apron I have
and I found numerous pinholes in the shelf area behind the grille. This
non-structural area would take several hours of fabricating to fix the
right way. As the panel is hidden behind the grille I'm thinking about
going the POR-15 route.

A quick look at the POR-15 product catalog shows the Floor Pan and Trunk
Restoration Kit, (US$120.00) and POR Patch (US$10.00).

I remember seeing a comment that someone bought the Floor Pan kit and was
disappointed that it was essentially a waste of money, most of the kit
contents were already on hand or easily obtainable. What's in the kit?
Anybody satisfied or unsatisfied with using the kit? Most importantly, do I
really need to buy this kit?

And what about POR Patch? The POR-15 folks call it "POR-15 in a tube." Call
me a skeptic, but, ah, this one I just don't get. Body filler in a tube
with all the qualities of POR-15? Has anybody used it with success?
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/