RE: Vertical Link "R" vs "L" upper wishbone

To: "Skip Montanaro" <skip@mojam.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vertical Link "R" vs "L" upper wishbone
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 08:14:34 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Skip,

You're correct, the "R" and "L" refer to what you'll see if you've got the
upper wishbone pieces oriented correctly, "R" on the right side and "L" on
the left.  The less curved a-arm piece (unmarked) goes in the rear with the
curved arms in front.  The Bentley manual is particularly un-specific about
this, I based my information on actually observing several TR6s that are
together and correct.

Presumably the upper wishbones were pre-assembled and delivered to the
assembly line ready to bolt to the frame... this must've been the way to
keep the workers from getting them confused.  Although what happened if the
chap didn't know his right from left........  :-)

Cheers!

Jim
-and the jigsaw puzzle TR6.  "Hey, it's together but I've got pieces left
over. Is that bad?" :-)

http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583