Re: Replacement keys - TR6 PI

To: Michael Noerregaard <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Replacement keys - TR6 PI
From: James Tschaikowsky <jamest@sover.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:32:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael:

I'm not sure if it is possible to get replacement keys via a code or
whatever, but it is possible to remove the old ignition barrel without
drilling. Having removed the speedo and revcounter it is possible to use a
punch or screwdriver and a hammer to turn the ignition retaining bolts.
However, please note that it takes a long time and requires much patience. I
went through the process last year when I lost my only set of keys, silly
boy! Naturally, in compliance with the third law of murphy, a week after
completing the job I found my keys again.

james Tschaikowsky

'76 TR6