re: Teflon-lined bike cables

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Teflon-lined bike cables
From: johnw@wrq.com
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:58:37 -0700
     <snip>Also, the real technoweenies (which fuel the vast
     majority of the top end bicycle sales) think it is really neat and way
     cool.

     I  built bicycle frames for many years and the trend was towards stops
     that left cable exposed for minimum friction. Ihaven't been following
     this post closely, but I wonder if exposed cable betwixt mounted
     "stops" might improve feel and longevity? Just a thought.

     Also, I find that an old industrial-style coffee maker, with its
     tripod stand, filter basket, and low spigot makes a perfect parts
     cleaner. Just wait overnight, and drain the solvent using the spigot
     -- the scum remains below the drain level so it can be reused. Get a
     large one and you can drop both carbs into it!

     jw