SPAX shocks on TR3A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SPAX shocks on TR3A
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:56:51 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of fitting some SPAX shocks to my '58 TR3A and
when everything is tightened down there's still about 1/8" of radial
"play" where the shock goes through the top of the shock tower. On
the SPAX setup the two rubber bumpers/bushings at the top have metal
plates which are immediatly above and below the hole in the tower.
There's a boss on these plates which fits in the hole but the boss
seems to be smaller than the hole.

Has anyone else run into this problem. One suggestion I got from
TRF was to remove the plates and let the rubber mounts just bind
on the top of the tower. Seems reasonable to me.

Thanks for any help,
Drew

--
Drew Rogge