Re: SPAX shocks on TR3A

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: SPAX shocks on TR3A
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 15:07:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 10:56 AM 4/7/98 -0700, drew@pixar.com wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>I'm in the process of fitting some SPAX shocks to my '58 TR3A and
>when everything is tightened down there's still about 1/8" of radial
>"play" where the shock goes through the top of the shock tower.

snip

Small world, I installed a pair of Spax shocks on my TR3B last week, and
ran into the same thing. I used the rubber supplied by Spax on the bottom
of the shock tower with both metal cup washers, and on top of the shock
tower I reused the rubber and the top washer from my original Armstrong
Blue's. Worked fine, as far as I can tell.

BTW, the difference the shocks made for me was night and day. It is as if I
am driving a new car. The nasty oversteer is all but gone, and the car is
much more confidence inspiring to drive. I only hope Mr. Police Man will
understand!   ;-)

BTW again, I was running a stock pair of Armstrong Blues, with a date code
of 1962 on my 1962 TR3B. I think they performed pretty good for being 36
years old!
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA