o/d trivia

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: o/d trivia
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:00:42 -0600
Here is a little nugget I gleaned off the Healy list recently. It might
be of interest to those with Laycock O/Ds on their cars.

If you look underneath the car at the O/D unit, you will see an ID plate
with a bunch of text on it (sort of like the commission plate on the
body). Part of this plate text is a number. For example mine is
25/115876 002757.

Apparently the number at the start of the sequence (25 in my case)
represents the percentage by which the engine speed is reduced by the
O/D. So for mine, when the O/D is engaged the engine RPMs decrease by
25% from the direct drive RPMs (in the same gear of course).

The last number sequence (002757 for mine) is the unit serial number. I
don't know what the middle number (115876) represents.

Just thought y'all might wanna know...

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada