Re: Removing Sticker off rear plastic window

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Removing Sticker off rear plastic window
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 07:47:55 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Charles Duckworth <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Allen Nugent wrote:

> Charlie,
>
> I use a #22 scalpel blade, then remove the residual gum with alcohol or
>xylene.
>
> Allen Nugent
> Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
> University of New South Wales
> Sydney  2052  Australia

        I can't let this pass... Most stickers use a contact cement that
        is related to rubber cement... Rubber cement thinner is THE BEST
        SOLVENT for removing contact cemented stickers... even old ones.
        It won't hurt plexi either!

        For water set decals I would try lacquer thinner (but test it on an
        out of the way spot on the plastic).

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois