Garage Electrics assistance

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Garage Electrics assistance
From: <sharpc@hqce.aetc.af.mil> (Chris Sharp)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 98 7:45:34 CST
I wanted to throw out my thoughts on electrical work.
As a practicing electrical engineer, I suggest that you find someone who is
knowledgeable to design the power system and/or install it.  There are a
lot of things that need to be considered such as 1) proper size wire for
load, 2) proper size and type of overcurrent protection for the designed
load, 3) proper insulation and conductor protection for the installed
environment, 4) compliance with the National Electrical Code (NFP 70),
State & Local Building Codes, and so forth.  Granted, wiring a garage is
not such a big job compared to typical industrial installations; however, a
"small" mistake could easily result in the loss of your assets (garage and
vehicles in it), or worse yet, your life.

Chris Sharp
64 Spitfire4