Re: My Triumph just get's no respect....

To: "Bruce T. Clough" <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: My Triumph just get's no respect....
From: "John Peacock" <pearesto@totcon.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:54:33 -0800
I have the opposite thing happen all the time.  When I had my "Classic"
Camaro, I got no looks and no-one even cared that I had it.  The TR8 on the
other hand drew a crowd when the $200,000.00 Porche sat almost directly
beside me.  He got no looks or even acknowledged.  He stuck his nose up in
the air and left the gas station in a huff as I showed some of the Fecal
Matter that probably called your Triumphs the same the underside of the
hood.  At the salvage yard a gentleman in a '69 Cougar Eliminator (mint)
was fascinated with the TR8.  He had apparently never seen one and thought
they were just a rumor and never produced.  I get at least 1 compliment a
day.  Even when I had my TR7s I always got allot of compliments.  I always
thought I lived in a narrow minded area too.  Every other vehicle is a
pickup and most have BUY AMERICAN bumper stickers on them.  Imagine if they
were just intelligent to realize that the trucks they drive were made in
Canada and Mexico.

John Peacock
80 TR8
80 TR7 Spider 16v

----------
> From: Bruce T. Clough <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: My Triumph just get's no respect....
> Date: Friday, October 31, 1997 9:28 AM
>
> Americans have no class...(sigh)
>
> Yesterday I took our new (at least to us) 61 Chrysler Newport out for a
> maintenance cruise (fuel up, warm the engine, lurch around the block or
two)
> and I stopped into a gas station. Immediately drew a crowd (the car does
> looks good) and one guy asked me how it drove.  I stated that it's a neat

> car to take a few people around in, but I really liked "driving" our
Triumphs