Re: Reregistering a '74 i California

To: Darrell Leach <triumph_tr4@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Reregistering a '74 i California
From: suchak@mediaone.net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:27:24 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Darrell Leach wrote:

> And a '73 motor in a '74 car would still have to meet '74 specs (and smog).
> In fact a '74 motor in a '63 would have to meet '74 smog, and thus be
> smogged every other year.

Hey Darrell,

I'm not sure about every state, so there's a good chance I'm wrong, but
I've always understood this to be the opposite..  A 74 motor in a 63
would have to meet the specs (none) for 63, the year of the vehicle's
manufacture.  Just as a 63 motor in a 74 car would have to meet 74
standards.  It's the year the car was manufactured, not the motor.

Then again, with some of the stuff you hear about California, I'd
believe almost anything..

John

--
Come see us on the Web!