Re: MGB vs. TR6

To: <EPaul21988@aol.com>, <rshaffer@gmu.edu>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB vs. TR6
From: "John Peacock" <pearesto@totcon.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 00:13:33 -0800
Hi guys,

If you want the best of handling and power buy a TR8 (sorry I couldn't help
myself).  But the TR6 has much better styling and power than a MGB.  I find
it hard to believe that a friend would actually try to do this to you.
Even most MGB owners would probably say the same.  Even the handling can be
made better with a few mods, but than you would have a much nicer car.  You
might be able to compare a stock Spitfire to an MG but not a TR6,  although
I never found one that could beat the Spit that I had..  Good Luck, and be
careful of those "friends".

John Peacock
80 TR8
80 TR7 Spider 16v project

----------
> From: EPaul21988@aol.com
> To: rshaffer@gmu.edu; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: MGB vs. TR6
> Date: Sunday, October 26, 1997 7:21 PM
>
> In a message dated 97-10-26 21:03:32 EST, rshaffer@gmu.edu writes:
>
> << Anyway, what I'm getting at here is that I just want to
>  know if the TR6 has better acceleration.  My friend claims no, and that
>  I should buy his MG  instead of a TR6.  >>
>

> You've got to be kidding ! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA
> HA AHHAAH HAH  AHA HA  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AAHHAA HA HA HA. OH,
MY