Tranny Removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tranny Removal
From: Carol Zingone <jrhoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:53:42 -0400
Listers,

Finally finished up the recent projects begun on Sybill. Anxiously
turned the key and let her warm up, before I oh-so-carefully depressed
the clutch and attempted to put her in gear, and gggrrriiinnddd !  It
wasn't the thrustwashers (I know now, Bob!) as some listers had
suggested to me.

Now, my options are to pull the transmission myself, or to flatbed her
to the mechanic's and play "Let's Make A Deal" regarding labor costs,
which may or may not work.  It will cost me at least $60 to flatbed,
parts costs, and whatever labor costs I negotiate.  I'm concerned that I
don't have a decent place to store the tranny for the 4 weeks it will
probably take *me* to diagnose and replace whatever needs replacing, be
it clutch fork or release mechanism.

Since the clutch bits looked ok when the tranny was replaced in April,
I'm hoping it is one of the *simpler* parts to replace.

I'm getting impatient, which is affecting my judgement !

Input/advice sought.

Thanks in advance :-)

Carol Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill The Bitch