monza exhaust & valve springs

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: monza exhaust & valve springs
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 17:01:09 -0600
Just thought I would add my $.02 (CDN) worth to the Monza exhaust thread.
If options are what you are looking for, consider the Supertrap muffler.
It is tunable for backpressure and sound by adding or removing the outlet
disks.  If you want a radically loud sound to impress the locals on
Saturday night just take a moment and add a few disks (or take them all out
for a straight through banshee blast).  Going for a romantic hiway cruse
with the wife (girlfriend)??  In just a moment you can remove as many disks
as her ears must tolerate.  Supertrap come in stainless steel for the
corrosion freaks or black painted steel for the frugal amongst us.  Inlet
diameters range all the way up to 3".  I haven't looked lately but they had
a web site at supertrap.com (I think).  On those Dyno????? mufflers used in
the custom system on the TR6 hows about them being DYNOMAX.
A couple of weeks ago when everyone was preoccupied with frying the good
doctor, I posed a question on the use of heavy duty valve springs.  I'll
ask once again.  I purchased (from British Parts Northwest) a set of
singles for a GT6 and was wondering if they are installed with or without
the lower valve spring collar.  Triumph Tune says without in their
catalogue!!  Any experience out there on this???

Thanks:

Larry (SPITMAN) Quirk