TR6 door trim panels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 door trim panels
From: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:09:46 -0400
I'm working on my TR6 doors (still), and have just replaced the door
panels.  Now, I have 2 screws for each door (with washers and caps)
which supposedly screw into the door (through the panel) at each end of
the top of the pocket.   Do these just go on the top edge of the pocket,
over each end of the elastic band, and remain exposed?  I suppose they
do, since they have the caps to cover and hide them.  This would also
help hold the elastic and maybe keep it from stretching so much.  The only
other possibility I could think of was for them to go thru the door panel (as
above),  but to be  -under-  the elastic band.
Thanks    -     Lex Garey, Shelby, NC    '74 TR6