RE: Audible buzzer

To: "'jhdavis6@juno.com'" <jhdavis6@juno.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Audible buzzer
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:24:39 -0600
Jim, for the record, I never took your post on this topic in any way
other than humorous and personal preference.

But seriously, what if you stop your engine in 3rd with the o/d engaged,
and then start it in reverse? I don't know if the interlock will prevent
damage in this case. Anyone know? (I am afraid to try this).

The earlier o/d's had it available in 2nd as well as 3rd and 4th. Is the
reason it was rmeoved from 2nd because too many people were stopping
their engines in 2nd (o/d on) and then restarting in reverse?

BTW, I don't think the light will necessarily prevent me from causing
damage (if it's possible in te above mentioned scenario). I personally
just thought it was a neat thing to do with an otherwise useless light
(the EGR light in my case). No I don't have neon illuminators on my
undercarriage or any related paraphenelia...

But I do have an 87 GTI which _does_ have the upshift light. Never cared
for this thing (the light that is, the car is great!) but it never
offended me to the point of disconnecting it. The TR6 seat belt and door
open buzzer, now that's a different story. Man is that thing annoying
(when it's connected)!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO) -- O/D indicator light coming soon
87 GTI -- upshift indicator not offensive enough to remove
Calgary AB Canada