Re: lambda oxygen sensor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lambda oxygen sensor
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 07:13:32 GMT
On 8 Oct 1997, Mr. Mike Passaretti wrote:

> How do folks with multi-unit headers or manifolds do this?  Do
> you put the sensor past the mix point (6->3->1 or 4->2->1)

Yes. Works like a charm.

> or
> use multiple sensors somehow?

I once considered this - it would of course have been nice to be able to
instantly detect misfire in one cylinder, as well as mixture imbalance.

Didn't do it, though. Probably since I am too lazy.

> Or do people with headers and
> other performance tweaks pretty much not play with this stuff?

On the contrary. The sensor is extremely useful when tweaking a
non-standard engine.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway