fuel gauge

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fuel gauge
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 17:40:08 -0600
Is there a way to determine which part of the fuel indication system is
at fault when my gauge always reads empty?

I would like to check from the sending unit back to the gauge. What
should I see on the sending unit terminals (with a meter of course) as I
lift up the sending unit arm in an empty tank? I want to perform this
analysis first because I recently had the tank out for cleaning and the
sending unit was removed to replace the seal.

Also buying a new sending unit seems like a waste until I have proven
that is the cause of the problem. I am hoping I can prove (or disprove)
this with a meter rather than a new unit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada