Re: Spedometer reconditioning

To: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Spedometer reconditioning
From: Daniel Pruzan <dpruzan@nearinc.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 08:48:15 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Barry Schwartz wrote:

> I remember a while back some talk about some of you getting your
> spedometers reconditioned.  Well now it's my turn.  The GT6 spedo (Smiths)
> is in need, actually I have a couple of them.  Can you *satisfied*
> customers give me an address, e-mail or otherwise, of a reputable outfit
> that does this sort of thing.
>
> Thanks -
>
> Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA
>
> Bschwartz@encad.com
> 72-V6 Spitfire ( 5 speed's mounted, working on tranny cover )
> 70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
> 70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)

Barry,

I had Nisonger Instruments in NY (914-381-1952) rebuild my speedometer
and they did a fine job for about $100.  I also sent them my
disfunctional electronic tachometer which they said was working fine on
their bench and charged me $20 for that.  When I got the tach back and
installed it in the car it was still not working properly.  Eventually I
brought the tach to Palo Alto Speedometer (415-323-0243) who did fix the
unit for about $80 (bad circuit board).  I was happy with their work on
the tach and assume they do good spedometer work, but I have no first
hand experience with the latter.

Good Luck

Dan Pruzan
71 Stag