Twitchy TR6

To: sugar@holly.colostate.edu
Subject: Twitchy TR6
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 10:57:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Aaron,

glad to hear of another speed freak... did a similar conversion on my Tr4a
IRS,  then swapped to my TR6.

Setting Spax at 11 (anyone out there remember Spinal Tap and reference to
"11")

is almost certainly where your response is coming from.  Simply put,  the
front end won't roll at all at that setting.  I presume you are using the
390 or 430 lb springs.  I would recommend about 7 on the settings for
normal road use, especailly is you have a bigger sway bar...recommended!

the biggest thing I found about the Spax is their ability to absorb bigger
bumps with larger tyres even at moderate settings...they do not go soft
like stock units.

You will also find using a telescopic conversion on the rear to be of
benefit...  the extra damping will help greatly in the transition phase of
a slalom or twisty bit.

I further recommmend that you either spend a day at the racetrack with the
local club or set up a series of saturdays to tweak your car.  A new
setting can seem great for a few hours.  Drive it the rest of the week,
and then decide.  Next week,  set stiffer (or softer),  OR chance the sway
bar bushings for hockey pucks (use your immagination,I did).  The bigger
the bars, the less you need heavy springs and shock settings, and the
smother the ride will be on your daily commute.

...you DO drive your LBC to work, dont you?

Have fun, and drive like I do

Dave ("Goggles Pizano from the olda country") Terrick