All TR's panel lights

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: All TR's panel lights
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 11:02:55 -0500
Hi all.

Having experienced

1.  a dash fire during a Solo 2 event driving my TR4A
2.  near brushes with AAA due to an empty fuel tank because the lights were
too dim

I short circuted the !@$@#% dimmer.

There is an in, and an out for all these things.  Your car may have 2 sets
of wires on one side.  All you need to do is bridge the "in" side to the
"out" side.  You can use crimp on connectors and make a "y" shaped cheater
harness quite easily (and the craftsmanship will likely be better than
Lucas' !)

Be sure to tape everything securely.  You can leave the switch in place or
(for smokers) put a cigar lighter in it's place.  Either way,  removing an
expensive an unreliable part on these cars works for me!  And a PURIST
WON'T EVEN NOTICE!

Dave Terrick