Re: How does one Polish Plastic????

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: How does one Polish Plastic????
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:36:21 -0400
Joe Simcoe wrote:

> Subject: How do you Polish Plastic????
>
> I am trying to bring some luster back to the two plastic knobs on the seat
> release levers for my 250.
>
> They are both dull.
>
> Does anyone know of anything that will add polish and luster back to plastic
> objects??
>
> Thanks,

Joe,

  I just the coarser rubbing compound- and a lot of elbow grease.  The
shine usually comes back that way.  If the plastic has faded to a flat
black patina, it may be necessary to use scotch-brite ( a plastic type
of steel wool) to scuff off the oxidized plastic.  All the rubbing in
the world will not bring back the black color if the piece has faded
to grey though...

     Good Luck,

                             JOE IV
                             TR 250